13.02.2017

Favorite Tool



Hi there in the middle of February and welcome to another 


This week we would like to know which is 

YOUR FAVORITE TOOL!

You can be a winner of $50 as on every Monday and 
spend the voucher at the biggest and the best one stop shop 


Let's start with my project which I hope will be 
an inspiration for some of you.
I know there is an endless quantity of crafting tools on the market 
and I own a lot of them too. I love my Big Shot, I love all the dies, a heating tool, brushes, my trimmer, hot glue gun and all this stuff but... 
SCISSORS is what I still love the most!
Those who know me and my crafting work, know that I'm able to cut out 
almost everything with my big scissors and sometimes it looks quite crazy :-)
The most crazy thing is that my fave scissors are this one:


The largest from IKEA scissors set... Yeap! 
I know there are lots of much better ones on the market 
but I can only work with those and my friends kidding 
they're for chicken cutting not for such a small details.
Well, what can I say... :-)

So I made this canvas panel working much with fussy cutting.
This beautiful botanical elements come from Nature Sketchbook Collection 
by Graphic 45 which I received as a B-day gift from my crafty friends.
I was dreaming of this collection and almost couldn't cut it. 


I started with making my background. 
I wanted it with natural earth colors as a soft base 
for the vibrant and juicy green leaves. 
I covered it with a thin layer of gesso and put Grit Paste
through the Ringer stencil on two corners and then randomly 
on the rest of the surface. Let it dry and started to applying Infusions 
and Distress Paints adding a lot of water. Left it to dry while started to fussy-cutting the leaves, butterflies and other insects. 
Yes, everything with my big scissors :-)
That wasn't easy and it took me some time but the effect is cool.
The details are awesome on this paper collection, you definitely have to try!


I placed all the elements on my panel 
and adhered them with 3D dots and glue.
Some of the details was covered with Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker 
which gives such a brillant finish, I love this little magical pen!

Well, here come some close ups of the details... Have fun!